The Gretna Merchants Association is now accepting applications to participate in the annual Gretna Christmas Parade. 2017’s theme is 250 Stories: Pittsylvania County’s Sestercentennial Anniversary. Click here to download the registration form. Registration is required and drive-ins on the day of the event will not be permitted to participate.
1. Visible material displayed on entries must be representative of the parade theme (250 Stories: Pittsylvania County’s Sestercentennial Anniversary) or holiday season.
2. Music should represent the holiday or the theme of the entry.
3. Animal entries are encouraged and should be adorned in holiday costume/decoration. All animals must be leashed and kept under control at all times. Clean up behind animals is the immediate responsibility of the owner.
4. Only approved items may be distributed along the parade route, items are not allowed to be thrown into the crowd.
5. Disrupting the pace of the parade is not permitted.
6. Businesses are encouraged to sponsor entries. Use your imagination and be original.
7. Entries that do not comply with the above guidelines may be disqualified from the parade at the starting lineup.
8. Judges will evaluate creativity, originality, and the general effect of the entry. Award winners will be announced on the Gretna Merchants Association website, www.gretnanow.org, following the parade.
9. We reserve the right to refuse any entry for any reason.
10. All entrants are expected to arrive promptly by 3:30 p.m. Those arriving after this time will not be allowed to be in the parade (at the discretion of the parade administration).